Wednesday 23 July 2008

Coming to the end.....

It is Thursday lunchtime and I am sat at Port Mac, it is raining and cold. Em and I had hoped so much that these last few days would be sunny and that we would spend it chilling on the beach - topping up our tan before we both go home. Instead we are chilling around the house and eating lots. Yesterday we went into town (not before I had a proper wash in Ann's spa - I swear my tan was dirt, how good it felt to be clean!) and bought a few bits and pieces to take home - mainly food as there seems to be lots of chocolate and sweets that we don't get back home. In the evening, we had a lovely roast lamb dinner (with lots of veg!) and crashed out watching a DVD. It felt strange not to be doing something, not packing for the next day, not planning where we are going, what time and what we were doing.

I have had the most amazing time on this trip, I have pushed myself and done things I never thought or dreamed I would. I feel that I have found me again and that I know what I want from my life. I have met some amazing people; all with stories and reasons to be so far from home - some for adventure, some to escape and some just to just live a better way of life. Em and I sat and looked through all our photo's yesterday and I felt sad, it seems ages ago we started in Sydney and since our Great Ocean Road tour, which was def. the best tour of the trip - the tour guide was brilliant, the group of people were fun and interesting and we all got on, but above all we did so much, saw so much and as a group worked together. It was only 3 days but it was so much fun, I hope to keep in touch and find out how everyone else's travels continue. I feel sad that mine has been so short - 3 weeks isn't nearly enough time, but saying that we have covered over 20,000km and done more than most in 3 months!
I am so pleased that I set up this blog, without it I wouldn't be able to tell anyone what I have done - I haven't known what day it is most of the time! I want my trip to continue, but I want the people I love to be here with me too. I feel tearful at this is almost the end.

This is probably the last post on here, today as the weather is bad we are staying in - possible going out tonight, and tomorrow we have a 4 hour drive to Sydney. We are staying with Em's friend and having a big night out in Sydney - We haven't had many of those, don't feel we have danced or partied enough - mainly due to being stuck on a campsite in lots of layers most Friday and Saturday nights anf being in towns on a Monday and Tuesday where everything is dead.

I have loved spending so much time with Emma, in 18 years, nothing has changed, we have never struggled for conversation and had no uncomfortable silences - just comfortable ones, the ones you only have with people so close - soul mates. We have laughed like we were 10 again, we have talked about growing up and shared a lifetime of stories and experiences, we have read it other's mind (freaking us both out!), we have been stupid not caring what people think, we have been the party people on tours - the entertainment, we have huddled together to keep warm, we have eaten the worst food but above all we have had so so so much fun. I wish I had done this sooner, I wish I hadn't have waited so long.

My memories will last my lifetime, but, I hope to come back to Australia for phase 2.

I have so much inspiration for writing and painting - my experiences and adventure will keep me going for some time.


Thanks for reading, miss you all and see you soon. xx

No comments: